I struggled to write this post because there is so much big stuff happening in the world that my fall bucket list seems so small and unimportant in comparison. But really, it’s not. My fall bucket list is the exact point. To relish in the changing season and work to fill my days with joy is the least I can do to honor those that no longer have this luxury. With a heavy heart, I choose to wake up everyday with intention and reach for the stars. I hope you are inspired to fill your day with a little bit of joy by one of my Fall Bucket List items.
FALL BUCKET LIST
- Family Overnight with Friends– we’ve been saying for over a year now that we are going to do an overnight with some close friends that live out of town. This is the season it’s finally going to happen.
- What’s fall without a Pumpkin Patch visit? A and I haven’t visited one since moving back to CA so I’m excited to explore them all: Underwood Family Farms, Tanaka Farms, Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch, Big Horse Corn Maze and Harvest Festival, Forneris Farm Festival, and Kidspace Pumpkin Festival. Fingers crossed we find one as awesome as our favorite Mid-west spot, Kuiper’s Family Farm.
- Rose Bowl Flea Market– We’ve been in our place for two years now and I haven’t done any decorating. My MIL is spending the Christmas with us so I’ve got just a few months to get this place ready. I’m in the market for a new rug and various other decor items.
- Play! Exhibit at the Autry Museum– From the Museum’s website, “Play! explores the role of toys and games across cultures and over time. Featuring dolls, board games, video games, outdoor activities, and more, the exhibition looks at the many ways children have played in the American West, the social values toys reveal, and how the West has inspired imagination.”
- Parenting Books– Before the baby was born I read a lot of books. A year later, there is still so much to learn. I’ve got a long list of books I want to read before the year is up, beginning with, The Awakened Family by Dr. Shefali Tsabary.
Nothing crazy, just simple pleasures. What’s fueling you this fall? I can’t wait to see what you have planned.